Spider veins are smaller, red, purple, and blue vessels that crop up on the legs and face. Regardless if you have one or the other, or both, many people feel self concious about them and frequently ask if there is anythign we can do to smooth and hide them. The answer is, yes!
Vascular laser treatments are usually successful with few sessions and little to no discomfort.
HOW IT WORKS
The Cutera excel HR system gently delivers mild pulses of light to the area which causes the blood within the veins to coagulates and destroys the vessel. Expect to see the vein turn red immediately following treatment and allow the body to reabsorb the vein over a period of 4 weeks. Depending on the size of the vessel, you’ll require one to three visits, up to four weeks apart. Each appointment lasts between 20 minutes and an hour.
- For facial treatments, avoid using makeup the day of the appointment.
- Avoid tanning or the use of self tanning creams for two weeks prior.
- If you regularly use medications or supplements, there is an increased risk of bruising in the treated area.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin two weeks prior.
- Be prepared for a small amount of redness and discomfort in the treatment area
- Compression stockings may be recommended to be worn up to two weeks after treatments.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and high impact activity for three to five days afterward.
- Stay out of the sun for seven days and avoid heat for two days - including hot tubs and showers.
- Do not use abrasive products on your skin like exfoliants or astringents.
- Always use a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen.